Portland, OR | Contract
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Design Coordinator.
- This position works within the Engineering & Design department on the creation and assembly of essential job elements and coordinates the work flow through the design process.
- Act as a point of contact to both internal and external customers while consulting with the Engineer / Service & Design Project Manager in order to provide reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections.
- Helps project managers in the department create and assemble jobs, by doing pieces of the job like completing tasks in the work management system, and doing field work and paperwork in support of the projects.
- High School diploma.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver's license with no restrictions of use.
- Successful candidates will have 2-4 years of applicable energy industry experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Outage Management (OMS), MAXIMO, GIS, ArcFM Viewer, eRecords, and PeopleSoft is preferred.
- General knowledge on how to interpret system map features/legends, ability to identify map grids, and use feeder maps is preferred.
- General knowledge of the Electric Service Manual is preferred.
- General knowledge of tariffs is preferred.
- General knowledge of fundamentals of electricity.
- General knowledge of one or more jurisdictional permitting requirements.
- General knowledge of National Joint Utilities Notification System (NJUNS) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated. Independent judgment and initiative required.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Extremely flexible.
- Knowledge of Maximo (Work Management tool) and ARCGIS (Geospatial Information) or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills
- Comfortable working outdoors and ability to navigate maps and NSEW directional spaces
- A bonus would be if the person had their flagging card.
- Someone who is an indoor and outdoor savvy person who knows computers well but also knows field work.
- The position is about 60% office 40% field work. We want the candidates to be good at computers and communication but also comfortable with field work. Ideally the candidate has flagging card so they can complete traffic control plans.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply