Salem, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Database Administrator
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Database Administrator.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
- Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with advanced concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Coordinate, for the supported business area, the installation of vendor-developed and in house built software, which may be new. In some cases, new installation of software may impact systems external to company.
- Support distributed systems within multiple sites/branches.
- Ensure version compatibility between new releases of supported business application data and current operating environments.
- Contact multiple vendors regarding data-related problems and resolve or escalates problems as needed; coordinate with vendors, external agencies, customers and IS to schedule resources to implement solutions.
- Analyze and identity corrupt or problematic data issues for mission critical system; evaluate and execute actions to resolve errors as needed.
- Assess compatibility issues and recommends options for system upgrades.
- Respond to system crashes that are critical to the agency and/or other State agencies. These systems maybe time critical, support reporting of regulatory requirement, and/or public safety. Solving the problem usually requires a high level of coordination with other IS staff, vendors and involves situations requiring conflict resolutions and/or negotiating the resolution process.
- Provide technical assistance and/or develop and deliver formal training to customers, developers, project managers and system analysts.
- Perform business analysis and requirements-gathering that will automate current, new or changing/re-engineered business processes. This may include conducting joint application development sessions with other section personnel and user representatives.
- Responsible for overall development, performance and maintenance of physical models of relational databases
- Consider system features, configuration, and compatibility and performance issues to recommend business operation changes to effectively use system data resources.
- Develop and manage relational databases, as well as VSAM files. They may be multiple, distributed databases.
- Maintain relational integrity of Agency databases. This includes, but is not limited to the constraints, linked tables and consistency.
- Make recommendations on performance tuning, considering the cost, specifications, and organizational policies on expansion.
- Establishes and enforces data security policy definition and administration.
- Strong technical background in Database Administration fundamentals (Mandatory)
- Strong technical background in Mainframe ZOS IBM DB2 (Mandatory)
- Strong technical background in Microsoft Sql Server (desirable)
- Some awareness of Oracle Database administration
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing. (Mandatory)
- Demonstrated capability to interact with customers, clearly understand customer needs and document those needs. (Mandatory)
- Ability to work in a close knit Database team environment
- Strong customer service ethic
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply