Hawthorne, CA | Contract
Category: CAD/Mechanical Design
Location/City: CA - Hawthorne
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a CAD Designer.
- Work with engineers to create 2D drawings from existing 3D models, applying established drawing specifications and standards
- Create engineering release forms and track the release
- Work closely with engineering procurement, development & project teams to resolve documentation issues during process equipment fabrication, assembly and deployment
- Provide support to test and manufacturing engineers creating fixtures and assembly jigs
- Update details of templates and drawing notes to have the latest information on the drawing
- 3+ years of working experience with drafting in CAD software
- Associate's degree and experience in the field or in a related area
- Understanding and proper application of GD&T
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in high production volume industries such as consumer electronics, mobile phones or automotive backgrounds are preferred.
- Some exposure to the design of machined parts
- Familiarity of Mil specs for fasteners, inserts, and plating
- Working knowledge of NX8.5
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply