Business Systems Analyst
Salem, OR 97301
Category: IT/Business Analysis
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Business Systems Analyst.
Application Development Business Analyst
Our client, in Salem Oregon, develops multiple Microsoft stack (C#, asp.Net, SQL) applications annually. Each Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is handled by an Agile team from cradle to grave. We are presently interviewing candidates for an open Business Analyst role in one of these teams.
As the primary communication point for both developers and stakeholders, a viable candidate must have excellent written/verbal communication and a strong understanding of SDLC procedures, vernacular, and concepts. They must be able to communicate complex programming ideas in layman, business oriented terms.
Qualified candidates will benefit greatly from immersion in an exciting, enterprise environment.
Our client prefers local candidates, already living in Oregon, and requires both a criminal background check and a drug screening be passed prior to employment.
Our client employs Business Analysts to:
- 1) Gather requirements and document them
- 2) Write user stories.
- 3) Document work plans
- 4) Schedule meetings
- 5) Manage cross-department and internal communications
- 6) Compose weekly status reports
- 7) Write test cases
- 8) Other documentation as needed
- Requirements gathering, documentation, and presentation of project framework, proposed changes, and milestone dates.
- Performance evaluation of current SOP and proposed workflows as needed. Presentation of best practices recommendation and process mapping.
- Data modeling where appropriate.
- Establish unity of stakeholders and act as intermediary for all communication between development teams and effected user groups.
- Documentation of all project scope modifications.
- Documentation of suggested User installation and operation procedures.
- Creation of test cases and review of SOP to ensure QA standards are met or exceeded.
- Use good judgement and experience to document goal frameworks and plan of action.
- Exercise creativity in solutions and suggestions for performance improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of enterprise level, software deployment, BSA experience.
- 6 or more years of experience with internal application development life cycles.
- Proficiency in SQL, T-SQL, or PL/SQL is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS TFS, and Visio is preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- All candidates must be able to pass a full panel drug screening and criminal background check.
- All candidates must be presently authorized to work in the State of Oregon.
This position is located in Salem, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon