BI Developer - SME
Portland, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Business Intelligence
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a BI Developer - SME.
The Analytic Center of Excellence serves as the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Governance Structure for our client's enterprise reporting and analytics. It serves all employees and sees nearly 300 active users log-in each day. It continues to enhance and develop business intelligence products that provide meaningful insights to their clients to enable operational, managerial and strategic reporting & analytics.
Description of Work to Be Performed:
- Responsible for developing new and enhancing existing Reports and Dashboards in OBIEE using presentation features including drill-down / dynamics, cascading style sheets, pivot tables, visualizations and tabular reports with local and global filters.
- Responsible for creating, configuring, customizing and maintaining repository design to support custom subject areas and modifications to existing Oracle BI applications.
- Responsible for ETL design and development for a consolidated reporting solution that integrates enterprise system data
- Responsible for end user support, break/fix and enhancements to existing enterprise data warehouse solutions
- Support OBIA/OBIEE and source system data extract technologies including the resolution of performance issues and the development of new dashboards, reports, and metrics
- Other BI functional and technical support, as required.
- Experience implementing enterprise-scale Business Intelligence (BI) systems with an understanding and ability to apply leading practice design principles to BI projects.
- Experience in OBIEE, developing Reports and Dashboards with multiple views using presentation features; including drill-down / dynamics, cascading style sheets, pivot tables, visualizations and tabular with local and global filters.
- Experience in OBIEE creating, configuring, customizing and maintaining repository design to support custom subject areas and modifications to out of the box Oracle BI applications.
- Experience using Informatica Power Center (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Metadata Manger), Power Exchange and Power Connect in Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from various sources into data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience with the Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to configure, manage and load the Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse.
- Custom data warehouse design experience using Star Schema/Snowflake modelling, OLAP/ROLAP tools, Fact and Dimensions tables, Physical and logical data modelling, and Oracle Designer.
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to connect and educate client's technical team with regard to BI topics and future design vision.
- Practical BI development experience
- Must have a blend of Informatica and OBIEE skills and experience
- Experience working in an Agile delivery method
- Works well with a team of peer BI developers, business analysts and quality assurance resources
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Finance, Supply Chain and HR systems is a plus
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply