Portland, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Business Analysis
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Economic Analyst.
- Research and basic economic analysis with results presented via power point presentation or white paper format (the type of academic work that someone would typically do in MBA / Business School)
- The ideal candidate will work with Strategic Planning & Key Initiatives Team of approximately 20
- Research and analyze competitive, economic, legal, and political environments. Provide insights which will allow the company confirm, refine, or pivot strategy.
- Provide analytical support for Resource Strategy team by ensuring models and methodologies meet all analytical and procedural requirements, and solutions are accurate and follow sound business practices.
- Utilize, develop and implement models used for integrated resource planning. Model the elements and relationships accurately.
- Develop the input assumptions for the models. Analyze and understand those assumptions, develop an ownership of them and certify their accuracy and completeness. Accurately input the assumptions into the models.
- Monitor technological advancements and enhancements that could benefit PGE and its customers.
- Write reports that clearly explain analysis, results, conclusions, and issues. Effectively explain work products and thought processes.
- Examine research, identify, and analyze critical information, develop hypotheses, and make recommendations.
- Peer review the work of Resource Strategy analyst colleagues and provide feedback
- One year with strong skills and experience using Excel for economic/risk modeling
- Our expectation is that the combination of school + work would provide strong modeling skills and add economic/risk
- Teamwork & Motivation
- Research, Analytics & Modeling
- Communication & Collaboration
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply