Wireless Protocol Firmware Engineer
98052 , WA | Contract
Category: IT/Software Engineering
Location/City: WA - 98052
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Wireless Protocol Firmware Engineer .
Due to ITAR requirements, only US Citizens or Green Card holders are eligible for consideration. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are NOT eligible for consideration.
- Design, code, maintain, test and document the link-layer protocol for the Satellite Communications Network.
- Collaborate with the MAC protocol design team for protocol development.
- Work with the PHY and Network teams to seamlessly integrate the link-layer within the Network stack
- Integrate the link-layer with simulation infrastructure.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, CE, EE or related field
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on embedded C/C++ software development for communications protocols.
- 2+ years of work experience in any of the L2, L3 protocol stack layers in broadband access technologies such as: WiFi, UMTS, LTE or satellite broadband.
- 2+ years of experience with embedded Linux software development.
- Master's Degree in CS, CE, EE or related field
- Experience in Multithread/Multicore programming.
- Experience with systems integration and testing methodologies.
- Experience with current software development processes and tools including Agile, TDD, BDD, CI, Git.
- Experience in Hardware/software integration like DMA, MMIO, etc.
- Experience with JTAG, SWD debugging.
- Experience in modeling and validating MAC protocols using simulation tools like NS3, OPNET or other.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and tuning of component hardware, software, networking and communications protocol problems.
- Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
- Proficiency with network monitoring protocols and tools such as SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, Ethereal.
- Industry technical certifications a plus.
- Scripting ability with Python or similar.
- Experience with modern encryption and decryption methods and their implementation.
- Experience in development of very high performance SW with minimum delay and limited response time.
- Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently on multiple complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
- Able to communicate complex concepts, problems and solutions clearly and effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply