Test Engineer - Hardware
Allen, TX | Direct Hire
Location/City: TX - Allen
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Test Engineer - Hardware.
Meridian Group Technology has a great opportunity for an Embedded Hardware Test Engineer with our client in Allen, TX. This is a full time direct hire position. Client is unable to sponsor a visa at this time. Please, no CTC or contract inquiries.
The Company develops, markets, and maintains custom hardware and Windows software applications to enable its mobile digital video recorder product line . Challenges include testing database, video file storage and conversion, video-on-demand streaming, enterprise class network-enabled client/server applications, embedded software/firmware, and user interfaces including Web enabled clients.
The Embedded Hardware Test Engineer will drive, plan and execute functional, compatibility, and user acceptance tests against a variety of products and components for embedded Linux software applications, Windows desktop, Windows server, Web client, and Cloud environments as an individual and team leadership role.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Generate test environment, test plans and test program for embedded Hardware products.
- Enhance product quality and test coverage through test automation.
- Collaborate with development team to troubleshoot and debug issues.
- Isolate and report defects found, escalating serious quality issues to management.
- Demonstrated ability in solving HW/SW problems as part of a team or individually.
- Able to scope tasks and implements them in accordance with the plan.
- Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
- Self-motivated, and proactively seek out information in order to solve issues and complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- 5+ years of demonstrated proficiency.
- Must have wireless (Wi-Fi and LTE) testing experience.
- Experience in automotive electronics a plus.
- Familiar with Linux OS, Python, or Perl scripting. Ability to write basic SQL queries is desirable.
- Must have system test experience in Agile environment.
- Must be familiar with lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power supply, etc.) to create and set up environments to conduct embedded hardware testing and characterization.
- Familiar with mechanical design and solid electrical engineering skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute in a tight-knit team environment are a must.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at Cindy@MeridianGroup.Com or 702-645-9860. Full time inquiries only, no CTC, no sponsorship available.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply