Sr. Scrum Master
Irving, TX | Direct Hire
Category: Project Management
Location/City: TX - Irving
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Scrum Master.
Meridian Technology Group has a great opportunity for a Sr. Scrum Master with our client in Irving, TX 75039. This is a direct permanent hire. Our client is looking for an experienced, professional to join their Information Technology team.
This position provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the teams with Agile Management Philosophy and delivery of applications. As well, this position is responsible for enforcing Agile tenets as interpreted by the team, removing impediments, and promoting empowerment.
A couple of projects that need to be completed are using more of a Waterfall methodology. Successful candidate needs understand the Agile methodology and be able to implement the practices but not as an Agile purist'. They need to have some flexibility to how things can be done. Those with both a Waterfall and Agile background are desired, especially those that have converted projects from Waterfall to Agile.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as Agile Facilitator/Scrum Master for up to four Agile teams.
- Coach teams on the basics of Agile. Uphold Agile values and principles; facilitating Agile ceremonies.
- Provide guidance within Waterfall and Agile project environments
- Focus teams to derive and deliver highest business value.
- Foster motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate across other teams, informally and formally, i.E. Scrum of Scrums.
- Continuously improve iteration delivery, quality, and flow.
- Track and communicate health of iterations.
- Collect and utilize iteration metrics.
- Resolve and/or escalate impediments to help your team deliver.
- Serve as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team and shield team from external interference.
- Facilitate the team's management resolution and escalation of blockers.
- Facilitate iteration structure with Agile Practices.
- Facilitate story level collaboration between tech teams and product owners.
- Develop high performing and self-organizing/refining teams.
- Enforce and defend the rights' of the team members.
- Ensure sustainable pace and optimize output.
- Facilitating daily scrums, sprint planning, demos, etc. Support and educate the Product Owner and Tech Lead, especially in regards to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Support and educate the Product Owners and Tech Leads, especially in regards to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress.
- Providing all support to the team whenever possible and leading by example. Foster close cooperation across all team members; encourages cross-training and team support.
- Ensure successful delivery of large and/or cross-functional product and business initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate tools for increased productivity, i.E., roadmap/sprint planning, communication, reporting, team performance, decision-making, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile coaching/training or as a Scrum Master.
- 3+ years of experience across Software Development Life Cycle phases, preferably leading Agile teams in various roles/capacities.
- Previous experience in Waterfall environment, preferably in converting project from Waterfall to Agile.
- Experience with work management tools (i.E., JIRA, Version One, Aha, MS Project, etc.).
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) preferred.
- Certified Team Coach (CTC) or Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) a plus.
- Solid understanding of software development and technology.
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability
- Great leadership by providing an objective, high energy and consistent work ethic
- Excellent decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong formal presentation skills.
- Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches and demonstrate value-add principals to the team.
- Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally. This includes executive levels of management.
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Medical Plan, Dental, Vision, Disability Plans, Company Paid Life Insurance. Medical Insurance is available within 30 days of employment.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- 401k plan
- Professional work environment
- Room for growth and career advancement
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply