Urbandale, IA | Contract
Category: IT/Software Engineering
Location/City: IA - Urbandale
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Software Engineer.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application programs. (50%)
- Enhances existing systems; participates in client walkthroughs and technical design reviews. Aids in systems development planning and monitoring. Participates in design reviews and peer code walkthroughs. Provides client and application support. (10%)
- Provide customer support for package software and associated interfaces. (10%)
- Perform software development and ensure conformance to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements. Work in adherence to secure development lifecycle practices and policies. (5%)
- Performs or assists in the research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs. Includes working with vendors to review quality, adaptability and compatibility of their products. (5-10%)
- Collaborate with IT teams from applications and infrastructure to identify technology deficiencies and improvement opportunities in practices and procedures. (0-5%)
- Stay current with industry standards techniques for software development, and apply them to development, testing, integration and reporting processes where appropriate. (0-5%)
- Assist in the research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs. (0-5%)
- Perform basic system analysis and design functions. (0-5%)
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning. (0-5%)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
- Communications/Contacts - Internal - Business unit and corporate staff; IT team members and staff / External - Contractors and vendors
- Demonstration of technical knowledge, and a growing knowledge of the company's information systems and business processes.
- Effective translation of written and oral communications into system design specifications, and design specifications into specific applications.
- Emphasis on identification and fulfillment of customer requirements.
- Participation on teams that results in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Analyze and solve basic to moderately complex business problems.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide accurate input into the budget process and contribute to meeting the actual targets.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the company.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory completion of responsibilities; enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Attend work on a regular basis and support the company's employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- Eighteen months of work and/or intern experience in business software application development.
- Basic knowledge of programming in client/server and/or web development environment Basic knowledge of integration and application security models; and proficiency with a variety of software development tools.
- Experience in the industry, or in an environment whose scope, size and complexity are comparable.
- Basic knowledge of open systems object design methodologies, architecture methodologies, security practices and integration techniques. Basic knowledge of relational database technology, structured analysis concepts, and software design patterns.
- Basic project management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Business analysis aptitude including communications and interpersonal skills enabling an understanding of client's needs.
- Able to work in a zero-code-ownership environment where the team members can modify any source file at any time.
- A basic understanding of deployment topologies (i.E. Ensuring secure, highly available systems).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Availability for periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Experience integrating Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) solutions within an environment with strong change and release management processes and procedures.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in Oracle and Microsoft SQL database development.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in .NET and other current computing programming languages.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in Microsoft BizTalk Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and Oracle business intelligence / reporting.
- Understanding of company's existing IT environment and of applicable company policies, practices, and procedures.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply