Irvine, CA | Contract
Category: IT/Software Development
Location/City: CA - Irvine
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking several Software Engineers.
Due to ITAR requirements, only US Citizens or Green Card holders are eligible for consideration. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are NOT eligible for consideration.
Embedded Software Engineer for Media Access Control (MAC) Development
Our client was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today they are actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are looking for several MAC (Media Access Control) Software engineers. This opportunity will entail developing the MAC for a broadband Satellite communication System. Three parts of the design are in development, the subscriber unit, The Satellite, which is equivalent to a base station in a cellular system, and a Gateway terminal. Engineers will be required to write software in C++ and interface to Layer-3 in a network Protocol stack and Layer-1, which is the Phy Layer. The engineers should have previous Software development experience in convergence sublayer for MAC, and interfaces between the network layer and the PHY layer.
Knowledge and Experience
Basic skill set:
- Layer 2, transport/convergence, Data Link, and MAC layer processing
- Experience implementing Media Access control Software (Control Plane) for one of the following standards:
- Home Plug
- Various wireless 802.Xx standards
- Object oriented C++ SW development skills
- Development experience on Unix/Linux development platform
- Minimum 3 years' experience developing SW on embedded RTOS such as POSIX, VxWorks P-Thread, Embedded Linux, etc.
- Prefer candidates have experience with ARM Cortex A53 Processor, but embedded ARM Processor is a requirement
- Candidates need to have good lab skills and an fundamental understanding of microprocessor Hardware architecture
- Must have embedded development with Hash Functions and Linked lists
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Email resume now or contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply