Senior Software Engineer
Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
Category: IT/Software Engineering
Location/City: TX - Dallas
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
Meridian Technology Group has a great opportunity for a C# Senior Software Engineer. This is a direct hire full time position with our client in the downtown Dallas, TX area. All applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration.
The engineer will work in Product Development and will participate in the design, development, implementation and support of service oriented Commodity Trading and Risk Management (CTRM) software solutions for power and gas utilities, refiners, producers, commodity traders, retailers and consumers. The work environment includes Microsoft Visual Studio, Agile, C#, XML, MS SQL Server and Oracle.
Candidates with a background in commercial software or software products involving complex, high-volume transactions like banking, commodities, or oil and gas would be a good match. Those with industry experience in commodities, energy or financial trading are preferred.
Opportunities of the position include:
- Responsible for the development and support of the Company's CTRM software
- Adherence to object-oriented design and database development best practices
- Develop and/or maintain unit tests
- Adherence to preferred SDLC methodologies
- Triage and resolve defects
- Participate in code reviews
- Help mentor other developers
- Collaborate with product managers on requirements
- Collaborate with development leaders on technical design
- Keep current on technology and commodity industry trends
Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or similar field or equivalent work experience
- Industry experience in commodities, energy or financial trading
- 1 to 2 years of experience with ETRM/CTRM software systems or related (i.E. Trading, risk, high-volume financial services or banking)
- 5+ years of software development experience in a structured coding environment is required
- Strong C# development experience
- Experience with performance oriented development, performance testing, analysis and code tuning
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server
- Experience with team development using TFS, Git or similar Source Control technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume now or contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply