Senior Mechanical Engineer
Plano, TX | Direct Hire
Category: IT/Software Engineering
Location/City: TX - Plano
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will perform development from initial system architecture through ramp. As such, you will utilize your mechanical design engineering skills, and own the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of cutting edge product design into next generation products. If you enjoy brainstorming in a creative environment, then you will thrive in this design environment. This is a fulltime direct hire position in the Plano, TX area. No sponsorship available, no contract, no CTC.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Champion in generating innovative designs taking into consideration DFM, DFA, DFT, DFR, and DFx.
- Ensuring design-for-fit with dimensional and tolerance analyses.
- Performing design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to production testing.
- Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions.
- Conducting design reviews and driving file release process.
- Requires at 8+ years of hands-on mechanical product design engineering experience.
- Experience with mechanical design of any of the following: consumer electronics, small medical devices, automotive components, or other small, and hand held products.
- Must be knowledgeable in plastic injection molding, casting, tooling, and fixturing.
- Experience and knowledge of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience designing with different materials including plastic, overmold materials, metals for casting, finishes and cosmetic coatings.
- Maintaining Mechanical Engineering development environment and CAD files/drawings for volume production products. Help improve and define release cycles and documentation to support product manufacturing documentation and drawings.
- Experience managing overseas vendors.
- Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members and be able to efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals.
- Must have experience with 3D CAD Tools: SolidWorks or Creo.
- MSME or BSME Degree
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at Cindy@MeridianGroup.Com or 702-645-9860.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply