Salem, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Database Administrator
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior DBA.
This is a technical and professional position that manages the operations of all corporate databases that are supported by Transportation Application Development (TAD), as well as other Application Development sections.
The person in this position:
- Is responsible for ensuring that all hosted databases run at optimum levels.
- Works closely with other application developers and project managers on the development and support of the all database applications.
- Is responsible for the development, migration, support, and maintenance of z/OS DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle enterprise databases.
Work with groups in data construction to:
- Research and propose technology that may be new to the company.
- Set, interpret, and enforce data management standards, processes, and procedures.
- Participate in vendor selection and assessments.
- Coordinate the installation of vendor-developed and in-house built software, which may be new to the company.
- Support distributed systems within multiple sites/branches.
- Ensure version compatibility between new releases of supported business application data and current operating environments.
- Contact multiple vendors regarding data-related problems and resolve or escalates problems as needed.
- Perform business analysis and requirements-gathering that will automate current, new, or changing business processes.
- Responsible for overall development, performance, and maintenance of physical models of relational databases
- Consider system features, configuration, and compatibility and performance issues to recommend business operation changes to effectively use system data resources.
- Six years of professional consultative, technical, or administrative experience, providing expert advice and leadership in the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of information systems.
- Experience must include activities in the development, migration, support, and maintenance of z/OS DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle enterprise databases:
- AND either:
(a) At least 30 quarter (20 semester) credits in computer science;
(b) Two more years of experience providing a knowledge of information systems theory and principles;
Note: 15 quarter (10 semester) graduate-level computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent credits may substitute for one year of the professional experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience supporting corporate mainframe environments, and who possess expertise with JCL (job control language) and management of DB2 through CA Technologies interface.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply