SQL Database Administrator
Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
Category: IT/Database Develop/Desig
Location/City: TX - Dallas
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a SQL Database Administrator.
Meridian Technology Group has Meridian Group Technology has a great opportunity for a SQL Database Administrator with our client in Dallas, TX. This is a full time direct hire position. Client is unable to sponsor a visa at this time. Please, no CTC or contract inquiries.
The SQL Database Administrator provides professional level support to one or more research studies or organizational projects, to include data collection, assistance in establishment of data collection instruments and protocol, data manipulation and management, computer systems/applications programming and analysis, and reporting.
The SQL DBA with have roughly 5 years of experience, in more of a junior to mid-level role. This individual will be responsible for managing the MS SQL instances as well as data maintenance. Must have some T-SQL experience, does not have to be an expert but should be fairly proficient. The SQL DBA will be working with data coming from other systems, so there should be some understanding of ETL and the facets of appropriately storing the data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, documents, designs, develops, programs, manages, and maintains complex databases.
- Conducts logic checks to maintain data integrity.
- Formats data, and develops and prepares reports, charts, tables, and other related documents and graphics.
- Participates with statisticians in the development of data collection forms, study design, and data analysis.
- Assists in project planning and management with clients and other staff members.
- Creates and modifies stored procedures for data collection, migration, verification, and validation.
- Prepares reports to assist in the maintenance of data quality and integrity.
- Prepares thorough documentation of databases and stored procedures, as well as operating procedures and processes.
- Evaluates data access and security to ensure that electronic data resources are available to those who need access and protected from threats (whether external or internal, intentional, or accidental).
- Design and develop front-end interfaces for a variety of users to interact with data at various levels.
- Bachelor's degree Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field as specified by the department
- 3+ years of experience required
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visio
- Ability to design, build, and maintain complex databases (both via Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Access)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL. Knowledge of programming paradigms and logic
- Knowledge of reporting applications such as SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Crystal Reports a plus
- Knowledge of Teleform data capture software a plus
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Works effectively in a team and office environment
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with others
- Ability to clearly communicate the results of work to others
- Must be able to organize and coordinate work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must show character and responsibility in dealing with sensitive, confidential information
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at Cindy@MeridianGroup.Com or 702-645-9860.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply