Portland, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Software Development
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Release Manager.
Brief Job Description:
- CET Project coordinating Release activities. Organizes, directs and oversees activities necessary for the orderly promotion and release of software to both non-production and the production environment. The release manager determines the required skills and organizes resources necessary to implement the release. The release manager will coordinate the efforts of a multidisciplinary team in a matrix management organization, coordinating the cross-organization and cross-platform resources needed to implement the release.
The Release Manager directs activities to ensure that software products meet quality standards and performance objectives within defined time and budget targets. This role defines release activities and trains the Development organization on building release tasks into their product backlog. On a day-to-day basis, the Release Manager facilitates release meetings and retrospectives and provides technical support to software developers and business unit personnel in executing and managing release and final delivery.
Release Management: 80%
- Provides direction, planning, coordination, and reporting for overall release activities related to a large scale system implementation project.
- Coordinates the cross-organization and cross-platform resources needed to implement the release, facilitates the release meetings, and develops and tracks release activities based on the Go Live Schedule for the releases.
- Identifies release impacts to ensure that these are planned into the release plans.
- Maintains a cross-platform release window calendar.
- Coordinates release windows with other Release Managers, Change Manager, and Teams/Groups as needed.
- Attends project and 3rd party vendor stand-ups; reports on release progress and provide release guidance as needed.
- Collate and track environment needs for new, existing, and Legacy applications internal and external.
- Work closely with Tech Arch for definition/specs of environments.
- Work closely with Deployment, Development, Test to coordinate with project schedules.
- Communicate project schedules to all apps areas (e.G. Existing and legacy apps).
- Work with application teams to plan, define, and agree upon an environment management approach.
- Create detailed schedule for environments management (planning + roll-out).
- Identify request, spec + build processes for all environments across all apps.
- Define and agree how to handle environment conflicts - e.G. App team, legacy, and on-going maintenance work.
- Coordinate integrated testing across environments.
- Coordinate environment and/or data refreshes, roll-back, etc.
- Manage impacts to and impacts from environments when schedules move.
- Communicate, resolve and escalate issues. Is this role associated with a project? If yes, please provide a short description of the project: Yes. This person would be working on CET Project coordinating Release activities
- Experience delivering one or more large products through all phases of the SDLC.
- Very strong communication, collaboration, feedback, and facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Capability to develop and maintain an effective network of relationships with people inside and outside the development and testing groups.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline.
- 7 10 years of relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization.
- 1+ years' experience as a full-time Release Manager in the Scrum/Agile environment.
- Experience in DevOps, continuous delivery, and release automation tools a plus.
- Experience in teaming up with application development and deployment teams to promote automation.
- Software development experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience using a Change Management tool, managing a change ticket to completion, representing the change to the Change Management Board (CAB).
- Knowledge of testing and defect tracking tools and excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with electric utility applications or complex enterprise scale multi-tier applications will be an added advantage.
- Thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices will be an added advantage.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply