Portland, OR | Contract
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Project Manager.
- This is a project with the corporate security team to replace/install a security access system within many of the generation and distribution centers. The project manager will work hand-in-hand with an IT project manager for the duration of the project. The team size will vary but the core team will consist of 10 or less people.
- Project Management Role requires a highly experienced individual with a solid track record of successfully managing several strategic and diverse projects. May be assigned to manage multiple initiatives/activities concurrently.
- Develop project plans that include deliverables, work breakdown structure, stakeholder list, roles and responsibilities, dependencies, detailed project plan and timelines to meet business objectives and comply with project standards.
- Lead project teams in project execution, ensuring compliance with established project management methodologies and standards.
- Establish and maintain formal controls to manage and monitor project budget, scope, quality and schedule to ensure projects are completed on time and effectively. Negotiate necessary project changes with project sponsor. Maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed.
- Develop communication plans. Provide timely, accurate communication of project plans and status to stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to ensure risks are identified, tracked and minimized.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed right the first time,' on time and within budget to achieve the business objectives as approved by the project sponsor.
- Work effectively with Information Technology and other business partners, suppliers and other teams to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams in completing strategic projects.
- Close out projects, capturing lessons learned during the project for input to improving future projects.
- Assist managers in establishing process controls in order to measure baseline and post-improvement performance to monitor success of improvement initiatives.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Change Management experience is necessary .
- Not required but any background in physical security/compliance awareness would be helpful.
- Highly organized
- Good planning and communication skills
- Experience in enacting change within a big organization.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply