Power Electronics Engineer
Redmond, WA | Contract
Location/City: WA - Redmond
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Power Electronics Engineer.
Meridian Technology Group has a unique opportunity for a Power Electronics Engineer with our client in Redmond, WA. This is a 6 month contract with possible extension. Due to ITAR requirements, applicants must be a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident of the US.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, analysis, and testing of spacecraft power electronics and DC-DC power converters 0.5W to 5kW.
- Lead electrical power system and sub-system level design trades and develop requirements.
- Define and perform electrical power system verification testing and analysis.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of design, test, and production engineers to create new power electronics hardware.
- Create and maintain schedules for development efforts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in power converter development.
- Experience with DC-DC power converter development.
- Master of Science degree or Ph.D. Degree in electrical engineering
- Candidate should have working experience generating original power converter designs from requirements and know how to design and verify power supply performance.
- Working experience in current mode control, compensation design, and loop gain measurements.
- Experience working with magnetics and practical design of custom transformers and inductors, including planar magnetics.
- Experience in modeling, simulation, and testing of power electronics.
- Experience with designing and testing power supplies for power quality and EMI/EMC compatibility.
- Passion for hardware simulation and development. Must be a hands-on engineer and excited to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong grasp on power converter topologies and ability to select power converter architectures.
- Familiarity with spacecraft electrical power systems and knowledge of radiation effects.
- Experience with digital power supply compensation.
- Maximum power point tracker design and development.
- Power supply testing and packaging for harsh environments.
- Familiarity with lithium-ion battery handling, safety, and usage.
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume now or apply online:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply