Mesquite, TX | Direct Hire
Category: IT/Network/System Admin
Location/City: TX - Mesquite
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Network Administrator.
Meridian Group Technology has a great opportunity for a Network Administrator with our client in Mesquite, TX. This is a full time direct hire position. Client is unable to sponsor a visa at this time. Please, no CTC or contract inquiries.
The Network Administrator is responsible to provide advanced support, build, and implement network systems across the enterprise; includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, associated software, and communication links; troubleshoot advanced network performance issues; and analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions
Work with other IT personnel to plan and implement expansion and upgrade of network applications. Maintain documentation for company wide network servers and services. Excellent working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory and related services. Strong knowledge of advanced TCP/IP and networking concepts. Strong knowledge in server virtualization from VMware and Microsoft and storage area networks (SANS). Candidate should be able to work as part of a team, as well as be able to perform duty assignments with limited direction.
Serves as a primary resource for network monitoring, management, and support for both hardware and software; installs network operating systems, LAN and WAN components; creates and follows policies, procedures, and strategies related to the use, management, and support of network components; serves as primary contact for the repair and replacement of network equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, design, install, maintain and configure network infrastructure components, wireless infrastructures, switches and routers; confer with vendors on software and hardware technical issues.
- Implementation and maintenance of security and availability monitoring solutions for both systems and network infrastructure.
- Management of Server hardware and software installations within an enterprise environment (Windows Server, VMWare, AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies).
- Management of Avaya VOIP phone system.
- Maintain terrestrial communications utilizing transmission over fiber, DWDM multiplexing facility network architecture (Point-to-Point, Rings, etc.) and Network Management Systems (NMS).
- Maintain point to point wireless networks at different locations.
- Create and implement policies, procedures and programs for network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, related documentation, and technical specifications information to improve or supplement network infrastructure; determine proper maintenance tasks and procedures related to network operation.
- Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands; maintain network security and health by monitoring for intrusion.
- Research and interpret trend analysis data and make recommendations to support system integration of new servers, implementation of infrastructure changes and capacity planning.
- Develop system recovery procedures to minimize system downtime; provide technical support for maintaining system reliability and availability.
- Create and maintain system, hardware and software manuals and reference material.
- Provide advanced technical support to programming and systems staff and system users.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- (Professional level work experience may substitute for bachelor degree requirement. Three additional years of professional level work experience may substitute for two years of required education. Five additional years of professional level work experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.)
- Five years of increasingly responsible network administration and design experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Advanced computer system, software and network principles and techniques.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of Network Systems, Protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, VLAN's, TCP/IP, T1, OSPF, EAPS, 802.11x, VoIP, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 routing, etc.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge for virtualized environments using VMWare, SANS, Disaster Recovery and related components.
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Pass a drug test, criminal history background check, social security verification number check, driver's license check, and employment verification check
- Pass a criminal history background check to comply with requirements.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at Cindy@MeridianGroup.Com or 702-645-9860.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply