MAC Software Engineer
Redmond, WA | Contract
Category: IT/Software Engineering
Location/City: WA - Redmond
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a MAC Software Engineer.
Due to ITAR requirements, only US Citizens or Green Card holders are eligible for consideration. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are NOT eligible for consideration.
MAC Software Engineer:
Meridian Technology Group (MTG) has a unique opportunity for a MAC (Media Access Control) Software Engineer to be part of our client's talented team located in Redmond, WA. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with possible extension.
Job responsibilities will entail developing the MAC for a broadband Satellite communication System. Three parts of the design are in development, the subscriber unit, The Satellite, which is equivalent to a base station in a cellular system, and a Gateway terminal.
Engineers will be required to write software in C++ and interface to Layer-3 in a network Protocol stack and Layer-1, which is the Phy Layer. The Engineers should have previous Software Development experience in convergence sublayer for MAC, and interfaces between the network layer and the PHY layer.
- Knows Layer 2, transport/convergence, Data Link, and MAC layer processing
- Has experience implementing Media Access control Software (Control Plane) for one of the following standards:
- Home Plug
- Various wireless 802.Xx standards
- Knows Object oriented C++ SW development skills
- Can develop on Unix/Linux development plat form
- Minimum 3 years' experience developing SW on embedded RTOS such as POSIX, VxWorks P-Thread, Embedded Linux, etc.
- Prefer candidates have experience with ARM Cortex A53 Processor, but embedded ARM Processor is a requirement
- Candidates need to have good lab skills and an fundamental understanding of microprocessor Hardware architecture
- Must have embedded development with Hash Functions and Linked lists
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at Cindy@MeridianGroup.Com or 702-645-9860.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply