Help Desk Support
Tigard, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Support/Help Desk
Location/City: OR - Tigard
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Help Desk Support.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- May require an associate's degree in a related area and 5 years or more of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Provide prompt and professional Tier I and Tier II service, and technical support to staff according to team standards and organizational expectations.
- Designs, builds, installs, configures and maintains desktop and laptop computer systems and associated peripherals (printers, scanners, faxes, etc.).
- Installs, manages and supports desktop/laptop applications.
- Using tools like SCCM and Shavlik, ensures all desktops and laptops are patched and vulnerabilities are remediated in a timely and consistent basis.
- Research, analyze and evaluate new end-users solutions and technologies.
- Working with other team members, provide day-to-day end-user computer and application support for personnel.
- Ensures that the agency's information asset and software license inventories are accurate and properly maintained.
- Provide end-user hardware support by installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting desktop/laptop local and remote systems.
- Provide end-user software support by installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting business software products.
- Applies revisions to desktop/laptop system firmware and software. Works with vendors as necessary to assist support activities.
- Train employees on the utilization of their technologies
- Prepare documents, wiring and systems diagrams, spreadsheets, flow charts, and other administrative documentation related to desktop technologies. Develop and maintain system documentation, operating procedures, lifecycle plans and roadmaps
- Provide assistance with business continuity planning and disaster recovery contingencies
- Support security administration tasks related to user workstation installations.
- Performs Active Directory maintenance activities including creating, editing, deleting, and auditing of users, and computers, under supervision.
- Maintain professionalism, good attitude, and appropriate behavior with all employees, contractors, vendors, and customers.
- May be required to provide after-hours support as well occasional weekend maintenance activities.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, the ability to follow complex instructions, and a love for solving problems. They will be expected to contribute interesting ideas and constructive solutions to the problems we are facing. Most of all, they will provide positive experiences for everyone they interact with
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and greater
- In depth knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience with modern smart-phones
- Experience with remote desktop technologies
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation (travel between sites is required)
- Availability for after-hours support
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and Ivanti Shavlik configuration and management solutions
- Experience supporting IP phones
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply