Engineer - Senior, Telecommunications - Reno
Reno, NV | Contract
Location/City: NV - Reno
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Engineer, Telecommunications.
- The Senior Network Engineer will design, implement, and enhance utility's telecommunication transport network Carrier Ethernet, MPLS, SONET/TDM; Provide professional SCADA/RTU system engineering services associated with electric power and distribution system.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to communication network and SCADA/RTU implementation
- Design and integrate new RTUs install with the existing SCADA/RTU/EMS system
- Designs the end-to-end communication network including wireless, wireline, optical network for RTU communications
- Select hardware, software, and communication protocol (DNP, Harris) that are compliant with the industry and company's standard
- Create design package for implementation, including panel layout, wiring diagram, RTU point list, and network connectivity circuit diagram
- Interface with various energy delivery departments including Distribution, Transmission, and System Control
- Support company-wide project activities related to the RTU solution, design, and installation
- Propose budget recommendations for future and on-going maintenance projects
- Recommend standards related to RTU hardware/software selection, interfaces, and installation
- Analyze system problems and recommend solutions
- Provide support for third-level troubleshooting
- Write RFPs for equipment procurement and competitive bidding
- Propose projects to improve SCADA/RTU system reliability, and participate in planning network expansion, upgrades, and replacement as a team member
- Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to the position and Company
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Delivery engineering design package on time
Education and Work Experience
- Possess Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with combined 7 years of experience in telecommunications, IP/MPLS networking, or utility SCADA/RTU design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit design - Ethernet, MPLS, SONET, TDM, multiplexing DS3/ T1s
- Experience with IP subnet, IP routing, MPLS provisioning a plus
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction of microwave and fiber optical communication system
- Familiar with SCADA/RTU equipment suppliers and their current offerings
- Demonstrate knowledge of structured programming, and RTU communication protocols
- Demonstrate knowledge of EMS/SCADA RTU architecture
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- General office environment.
No special physical demands required.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply