Flower Mound, TX | Direct Hire
Category: CAD/Mechanical Design
Location/City: TX - Flower Mound
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group has a great opportunity for a Designer.
This is a direct hire fulltime non-exempt position with our client in Flower Mound, TX. Some experience with Inventor is mandatory . All applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate and revise complex assembly, weldment, and component detail drawings per the master Model layout or go-by drawing or the Protect Engineer's instructions.
- Check his/her drawings against the Equipment Layout Drawing
- These drawings are to reflect good, standard drafting practices, appropriate dimensioning, and be consistent with Company manufacturing capabilities.
- Adapt or modify standard models to meet customer requirements. This would normally include increasing or reducing the size of components, the design of minor new components, and verify all elements for fit, form and function.
- Perform routine mathematical calculations to verify dimensions and conversions.
- Investigates adaptations and improvements to new or existing products.
- Manage budgeted hours and time lines to complete assignments on schedule.
- Will also provide other support activities including, but are not limited to:
- Loading BOMs and drawings into SAP to fill replacement parts orders in a timely fashion.
- Making drawing corrections, both for own drawings, and for those by others.
- Investigate manufacturing problems related to the project assignments and follow through to resolution, including verifying engineering rework, confirming drawing changes have been made, and the Production Engineering Manager and Project Engineer have been informed.
- Receives project assignment from the Production Engineering Manager and then works directly with the Project Engineer to satisfy application requirements
- The application of appropriate drafting practices and technical knowledge to the assigned task.
- Design consistency from project to project with regard to appropriate "go-by" selection, and buyout & material specifications.
- Application of consistent design practices that will utilize proven existing equipment designs, buyouts, materials and standard manufacturing methods as well as meeting customer specifications.
- The quality and accuracy of all information s/he supplies.
- Proficient at performing complex mechanical engineering drafting and design work in Inventor. SolidWorks and ACAD are a plus.
- Substantial experience with mechanical and / or engineering drafting work.
- Machinery design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Sheet metal experience a plus
- 3-7 years of experience
- Minimum of high school diploma supplemented by technical course work in engineering design and drafting.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply