Mesquite, TX | Contract
Location/City: TX - Mesquite
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Civil Engineer.
Under general supervision by the City Engineer:
- Review plats, site plans, and engineering plans developed by consultants for private projects for technical and regulatory adequacy and maintain City General Design Standards.
- Review plats, engineering plans, and specifications for public projects.
- Coordinate review activities with other City departments, divisions, and outside agencies.
- Provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Engineer.
- General supervision is provided by the City Engineer. Responsible for direct supervision of Engineering Records Technician, general supervision of Engineering Division GIS staff, and oversight of contract labor as needed.
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Must be able to effectively read and comprehend plats, engineering plans, and specifications, analyze complex engineering problems, formulate feasible solutions, build consensus, and communicate recommendations and decisions both orally and in writing.
- Review plats, plans and specifications for public works projects and private development for technical and regulatory adequacy. Communicate and discuss with consulting engineers and developers review comments and recommended corrections to plans and specifications.
- Prepare, review, update, coordinate, and maintain City design guidelines for roadways, water distribution, sanitary sewer systems, drainage systems and other municipal infrastructure.
- Supervise and assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures of assigned records and GIS technicians. Provide timely, accurate and thorough counseling and performance reviews for supervised employees.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen, employee, developer, and consultant inquiries and complaints.
- Conduct organizational studies, investigations, and studies; prepare reports; recommend modifications to Division programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in professional organizations; stay abreast of new trends, innovations, and technologies in the fields of civil engineering and construction.
- Oversee maintenance of map records for the City's infrastructure. Coordinate the development and management of the computerized mapping and geographic information system for City infrastructure with the GIS Coordinator and IT Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited institution with major course-work in civil engineering.
- Four years of increasingly responsible civil/municipal engineering experience.
- Possession of a valid Class C Texas driver's license.
- Possession of an active certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer, with specialization in the field of civil engineering, issued by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers; or possession of similar registration issued by another state, with the condition that the successful applicant obtain an active certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer, with specialization in the field of civil engineering, issued by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers within twelve months of employment as a condition of continued employment.
A supervisor's performance will be evaluated based on five employee competencies and five supervisor competencies.
The five employee competencies are
- Job knowledge
- Teamwork/Ability to work with others
- Customer Service
- Work Ethic
- Leadership & Results Orientation;
- Coaching, Mentoring and Developing Employees;
- Communications and Maintaining an Open Mind;
- Vision, innovation & risk taking; and
- Land surveying practices, laws and procedures.
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting Software - Specifically AUTOCAD.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Software, specifically Arc/Info.
- The design of civil engineering (water, sanitary sewer, street and drainage improvement) projects.
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply