Change Management Consultant
Portland, OR | Contract
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Change Management Consultant.
- Provide change management services to support strategic initiatives and to ensure the success of large scale efforts including major IT system replacements, process redesign, and reorganizations, and to improve managers/supervisors readiness and ability to lead their work groups through change. Design and implement interventions to enable culture change, employee engagement, leadership alignment, stakeholder management, communications, training, and change measurement. Help develop change competency models and methodologies, and embed them in the organization with training, coaching, and specific interventions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
50% Change Management Consultant
- Serve as lead organizational change/transition lead or consultant on mid-size to major process and technology initiatives. Coordinate efforts of junior change practitioners and communications and training professionals to ensure an integrated change management effort.
- Consult with officers, managers, supervisors and individual contributors to assess change impacts of process, technology, organization structure, and policy shifts. Create change management plans to address and mitigate assessed impacts of change.
- Design and implement appropriate interventions for improving employee adoption and morale, ensuring user readiness, preparing leaders for change, and supporting enhancing cultural shifts.
20% Change Methodology and Curriculum
- Develop or enhance change management tools and methodology to build capability across the organization to lead change and improve personal resilience to change.
- Design or enhance change/transition management training curriculums, and deliver training in a variety of forums.
- Develop and utilize change measurements and metrics to measure and track the effectiveness of change interventions at individual and organization levels; using approaches including as examples; survey feedback, focus groups, 360-degree assessments, and custom designed measures. Interpret change measures and facilitate action planning with clients.
15% Thought Leader and Mentor
- Stay abreast of best practices in change management and lead evolution and continuous improvement of change methodology and curriculum
- Serve as an organizational change thought leader to clients, and a mentor to more junior team members. Act as lead on behalf of department manager on selected projects and with external consultants and vendors.
10% Organization Consultant and Coach
- Provide coaching and action learning to line manager and affected employees across the organization.
- Recommend and carry out appropriate interventions such as, process consulting, team development activities, workshops, seminars, training, coaching, process improvement facilitation, skills, and large group dialogue.
- Negotiate and actively manage contracts for external consultants performing change management services on major initiatives.
- Minimum 10 years increasingly complex experience as an organization development / change practitioner, including lead role on two or more major organizational change programs/initiatives such as a technology implementation, process redesign, or restructuring.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizational change, employee transition, organization design, and culture change theories, models, and techniques.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication and group process/facilitation skills.
- Self-starter able to work independently, as well as collaborate on teams.
- Solid project management skills; able to coordinate resources, establish schedules, track deliverables, and drive for results.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Desired Experience as an external consultant with a Big 6 or boutique consulting firm on major engagements.Preferred - Comprehensive knowledge of training program design, adult learning theory, and state-of-the-art training techniques.Desired Executive Coaching experience, including ICF certification. Certifications in assessments such as MBTI, Hogan, iOPT or similar.Preferred previous experience working in and leading change in a union environment with bargaining unit employees.Desired previous people management experience leading a team of professionals.
- BS/BA or preferably a MS/MA/M.B.A. In Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, or a related field such as Management and Industrial Relations, with emphasis on organizational behavior, human resources and consulting, or similar.Desired - Certification in a change management approach, PROSCI certification, etc.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply