CAD Software Technical Support Specialist
Salem, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Support/Help Desk
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a CAD Software Technical Support Specialist.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- May require a bachelor's degree in a related area with at least at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has advanced knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Software, Hardware, and Communications (Customer Assistance)
- Provide day to day diagnostic support of CAD workstations, peripherals and user problems for complex engineering systems.
- Communicate with customers, business support analysts and technology management to determine best solutions.
- Configure and tune network-based client software to ensure compatibility with existing network.
- Input support requests in service desk software (Remedy).
- Fulfill Remedy tasks assigned to EAST.
- Install software/technology.
- Coordinate process-oriented and technically-oriented solutions to project workflow issues between multiple workgroups.
- Document technical business processes and produce training guides.
- Fulfill Engineering Archive Requests as needed.
- Use server and network monitoring tools like SolarWinds, TreeSize, or SpaceObserver
- Communicate with appropriate business support analyst(s) to maintain or reduce data footprint
- Software testing
- Windows 10 compatibility
- ProjectWise - test PW compatibility as new engineering apps are introduced based on business customer needs.
- Perform program configuration and coding activities to automate business processes and maintain business product requirements.
- Develop configuration, installation procedures, and user documentation for upgrades to engineering systems and tools.
- Technical Writing
- General Web Design
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply