Portland, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Business Analysis
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing customer-related data analysis services to a wide variety of internal and external clients. Work with a team of 6.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Database development and maintenance (50%):
- Collaborate with the current database developer/DBA in activities related to maintenance of the Marketing Databases (MDB) and its interfaces to systems and data sources internal and external to the company. Area of responsibility include:
- Maintain the database structure, SQL scripts, database components, and technical and user documentation, as required for new or enhanced client services.
- Implementation and maintenance of database programs to import customer data from company and external systems into an operational database optimized for customer research.
- Troubleshoot database issues related to imports, exports, client data concerns, etc. Includes assisting colleagues in usage of SQL Server client tools.
Improve Customer Analysis services to promote, plan, prioritize and provide service for internal business and customer data-driven business decisions. (20%)
- Provide targeted mailing and emailing lists, tailored to customer segments, needs and/or preferences.
- Consult on development and delivery of reports to a wide variety of clients.
- All aspects of project management, related to the tasks above.
Maintain or improve processes related to development and maintenance of Marketing Databases (MDB), an analytical CRM system/central repository of customer data from multiple systems and external sources used for market, marketing and customer analysis. (30%)
- Expert knowledge and at least 5+ years' experience in computer programming using SQL, SSIS, Access, and one or more modern programming language(s).
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts, including SQL querying.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of SQL querying, including complex joins, filters, aggregations and system functions.
- Proficiency in SQL Server database administration, data modeling, T-SQL, and XML.
- Strong SQL scripting experience, including creation of views, stored procedures and user-defined SQL functions.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development.
- Experience using databases and analytical processes for customer/marketing related analytics.
- Demonstrated success in planning, implementing, and leading complex projects to completion.
- Ability to define and rank diverse concurrent assignments.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Quickly understanding client requests for customer data analytics and being able to manipulate our customer data warehouse to provide those insights in an easily comprehended manner.
- Ability to produce high quality results and cross reference the analysis with other sources to ensure accuracy.
- Strong MS SQL and SSIS skills.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply